Sunday, May 11, 2008

Just Words

As I lay in bed I miss you and I think of all the things you bring to my life
Sometimes I don’t feel like I can express it
So I say I love you
And hope for the best

So much warmth
And humor and closeness and intimacy
When you left and the show was still on and I thought about watching it
But is seemed weird without you

Things like movies don’t seem like movies anymore
Unless I can share them with you
Sometimes I am mad I didn’t meet you earlier
We most likely would have a couple kids now

But if a 25 year old You was injected into the life of a 33 year old Me
We would still be drinking
And most likely get divorced and hate each other
Although it would seem awful hard to hate you

Maybe you have come along at the perfect time
Maybe it was all planned by God
I am just really glad it happened
And I wish I could tell you how glad

But I can’t my words are too little
And so I try and show you many different ways
And tell you I love you
And hope for the best

No comments: